Taichung Time

Monday, September 2, 2013

September 2, 2013

Well, here I am again! I'm chillin out in my lazy chair, inhaling the smoke and body odor of the people around me playing League of Legends, writing another e-mail to all of you!... are you still reading? ha, this must be around 100 or so e-mails by now! If you're still with me, props to you! 


     What a week! Starting last Monday night, my week was just totally thrown in to panic/crazy/excited/nervous mode... I got a call from President Blickenstaff calling me to train in Daya for the next 2 move-calls!!! I can't honestly say I'm that surprised, we don't have many people NOT training in the Mission right now, but I can't say I'm not a little excited/nervous! So I'm good to stay here in Daya for the next couple months! SO HAPPY!!! 


     On Tuesday, we had a meeting for all the missionaries who will be training this next transfer. It was pretty great! President and Sister Blickenstaff shared a lot of really awesome stuff and helped us know what we need to do as trainers and all that good stuff... along with some HOME MADE CINNAMON ROLLS!!! (Don't worry mom, they were ALMOST as good as yours are...) So delicious. Once we returned to our area, we had a full day of contacting ahead of us... along with 90 degree temperatures in the middle of a muggy, humid city. I honestly don't think I've ever been so hot in my entire life. Including the week Jessi and I spent with Grandpa doing construction in the Desert. I've NEVER sweat so much ever before. But we just kept right on pedaling, singing hymns, wearing big, ol', smiles, sharing the gospel of everlasting joy!! And as we did that, we found a miracle. We had been contacting for over 2 hours, and as we were on our way back to the Chapel, we ran in to a former investigator. HE was STOKED to see us and as we talked to him, he set up for 10 minutes later to meet with us in the Chapel! We gave him a church tour and helped him set a Baptismal goal for later in September. Wow. The Spirit was so strong and we were so happy and humbled to have been instruments in the Lord's hand in welcoming this lost lamb back into the fold of God. 

     Those were the most exciting events of the week! I'm so excited to train and to continue serving in DAYA! The Promised Land! My Spiritual thought for the week is this:

     On page 193 in the Hymn book is one of my favorite hymns: "I Stand All Amazed." I used to think the chorus was a little weird... why should it be "wonderful that He should die for me...?" I now understand a little more. It truly is "wonderful, wonderful to me" that He has laid down His own life for my sake. That one action has changed my whole life. I am who I am today because one person decided to suffer for me on a cross on Calvary. There is no one person whom I love more, to whom I am more grateful for than for my God who suffered His Only Begotten to come down to this earth and suffer for our sins. I do stand all amazed, I do find it Wonderful that He loved me enough to do this for me. It is the most wonderful thing that has ever, and ever will, happened on earth and in the Heavens above. I love my Savior. I'm eternally grateful that He has redeemed my soul from the gates of Hell and He has changed my life forever. In His Holy name, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Noll
We have 22 new missionaries arriving in September!
To prepare for their First 12 Weeks, new trainers have been called. 

No comments:

Post a Comment