Taichung Time

Monday, December 23, 2013

December 22, 2013

Merry Christmas...and Happy Birthday to the 2 most important girls in my life! Macy and Mom! Mom, I'm sorry I'm late to wish you a Happy Birthday, and Macy, I'm sorry I'm so early! This is the best time I figured to wish both of you a very Happy Birthday! 

It's been a SUPER busy week for us here in Nantou! We started out with some exchanges to start out the week, had some rockin' enlglish classes, had the Mission wide Christmas activity, did some traveling and hit up the baptism of one of my old investigators, and had the ward Christmas activity! Each day had something really important to grab our attention! Let's go day by day, shall we?

Tuesday:
     I went on exchanges to Zhanghua for the day! We ran into President and Sister Blickenstaff as we went to the Zhanghua District Training Meeting, so that was a fun little surprise! The rest of the day was incredibly fun... try riding your bike for a full 45 killometers... uphill... in the rain... with 20mph wind resistance. Suffice it to say, I slept like a baby that night! Also, I did it on a sisters bike.

Wednesday:
     I'm again in charge of the Advanced English class here in Nantou, and I'm loving it! I absolutely love teaching English here and interacting with all the students! I usually try to give them some kind of American music lesson by playing classic rock, or Jason Mraz, or Jack Johnson, or some other kind of American music. They usually get a kick out of it! Did I tell you guys that the Sister A in Freddy's ward is now in my District and she's the English Leader over here? Well, if not, now you know! Kind of funny how those kinds of things work out! 

Thursday:
     The Christmas Activity. I've been waiting for this since the 20th of December LAST year! It's so much fun to see all the missionaries together! We all went up to Sun Moon Lake this year (which just so happens to be in my Zone) and we ended up having a super fun time! It was so foggy and cold that we didn't really see the lake, but they had some super awesome taiwanese stores there and I bought some good Christmas stuff for all you guys... as well as some Aladin pants for me. Yes, they are awesome. I'll send pictures. We went to a big buffet Steak House in Taichung afterwards and Elder B, Elder R and I competed to see who could eat the most steaks. I gave up after 13 because I wanted to eat some other food other than just steak, so I hit up the Mongolian Grill for a while after that... but Elder B and Elder R had a grand total of 22 and a 1/2! Let me tell you, the bus ride home was the most uncomfortable 2 hours of my life... worse even than the time that I had 2 betos burritos between the morning and afternoon practice of hell week my Sophomore year. 
     It was so great to see all the missionary friends that I haven't seen for a while! I saw Elder G from the MTC, Sister W from the MTC, and saw Elders W (my old Zone Leader) and H (in my first District here if you remember) who are both the assistant to the President right now! I saw Elder C, Elder T, Elder B, Sisters B, P, and R, and a bunch of other awesome missionaries that I've served around! It made me feel pretty old to realize that I didn't recognize over 1/2 the missionaries there and to know that almost all my missionary buddies are home already! Super crazy!! 

Friday:
     That's right, I went back up to Daya for a Baptismal Service!! It was the young man who came into Church with his mom just over a month ago! I contacted him, helped him learn all the lessons, and missed his Baptism by just 2 weeks! I talked to President and he told me that it would be fine if Elder R and I went up to see the service. It was incredibly touching (and a little funny) to see the reactions of the members at the chapel when I walked through the door. I served there for so long that I pretty much knew EVERY single person in that building! Most of the time people wouldn't recognize me for 1/2 a second, and then a look of shock would come across their face as they asked me why in the world I was there! It was truly a touching night, and it just makes me excited for the time that I can come back in a few years and see all these members again! 

Saturday:
     The Ward Christmas Party was an epic fail. They had us (the 6 missionaries) along with some other ward members do a Choir and sing some songs to go along with a little skit that they were doing... they just never told us that there was a skit! They just gave us some music and told us to learn the songs... also, thanks to the lovely members of my district, they found out that I like to play guitar and so they asked me to do a solo in Silent Night. Silent Night! How are you supposed to solo to Silent Night??? I just came up with a nice picking pattern and played it in the backround along with a young man in the ward. Super funny. It was fun the play the guitar part for Feliz Navidad though. The 6 missionaries rocked out to it and got the whole chapel dancing along. 

That was basically the whole week! 

Love you guys!! hope you have a great... 2 days!

Elder Noll

No comments:

Post a Comment