Taichung Time

Saturday, June 14, 2014

June 14, 2014

Sorry, not a whole lot of time this week! Just want to let everyone know that I'm doin' great! I still love it out here and we're all chuggin' along in the Office... well, mostly out of the office, but the office crew is all together still! haha

This week was completely taken over by Zone Conferences in both the Taichung and North Taichung Zones. A few late nights, some lessons on how to make movies, and a bunch of food later and now it's Saturday! I'll have to find a way to get you a copy of the movie. It's pretty cool! Well, now that I think about it, it's all in Chinese! So you wouldn't really have a clue what's going on... maybe have Dad translate it for you... yeah, I've seen you posting in Chinese on Facebook lately! 

I spent quite a bit of time in Daya this week! Saw some old friends and a couple of people that I helped baptize! So exciting to see them again. I especially enjoyed seeing a few members of the Ward. I ran into the Elders Quorum President and a few of the single adult members and a few others of my good friends there! So fun! I also had a chance to hear that one of the former investigators that I taught for a while there is getting baptized on the 28th! Let's just say that I was in very good spirits that day! Such a miracle!!

Oh! I totally forgot the funny experience of the week. Monday morning, Elder Y and I went to play basketball with a few other missionaries in the chapel. I went all out as I was trying to save the ball from going out of bounds, saved the ball... then I crashed head first into the wall. The wall was fine, the ball was in, but I've still got a nice shiner to prove that I'm an idiot. :) I guess I can't really shake the competitive edge out of me yet. :) No worries, I'll send pictures. 

I'd like to share what we've been learning about in lately. We were asked to read a talk given by Elder Bednar in 2001 about the Enabling Power of the Atonement. It talks about how the Atonement doesn't just have the power to heal us from sin, but it can strengthen us to handle the challenges of life. I think my favorite part is that Elder Bednar talks about the type of power that the Atonement brings into our lives. It's not something that will change our surroundings, but it's something that will change us. It's unfair of us to ask God to change somebody, that goes against everything that God stands for (free agency?). But if we ask God to strengthen us so that we might be able to push forward and overcome those trials, then this becomes a prayer that God can answer. Interesting to know that no matter who you are, where you live, or what you believe in, the principles taught in the Gospel are going to improve you and help you become a better, more active person... if lived correctly. By DOING the things that the Gospel teaches us to DO, we will improve and become stronger. 

Have a great week! (I feel like that's a pretty week sauce sign-off... it's like writing H.A.G.S. in a yearbook... oh well, I've done it for a year and a half, a little longer won't hurt. :D)

Elder Noll

No comments:

Post a Comment