Taichung Time

Sunday, June 9, 2013

June 9, 2013

Hey guys!! Questions first!
1. What has been your favorite part of the experience so far?
     Wow, that's a tough one! I honestly could not tell you! From the food, to the crazy experiences, to the heartache and joy, and the absolute love of serving my Lord, I couldn't pick a favorite out of any of those! Who is your favorite kid?... well, that's an easier question! ;)
 
2. What is the hardest part?
     Again, almost an impossible question!! Honestly? The rejection. Not because I'm afraid of being rejected, trust me, I'm used to that by now! But when people reject the message that will absolutely turn their lives around and save their souls, it's a really hard thing to accept. Sometimes I just want to ma them out!! Personal agency is seriously annoying sometimes. I wonder how God must feel with me!! 
 
3. How often do you do the English class?
     We have it once a week on Wednesday nights... probably one of my favorite activities in all honesty!! I love teaching in the advanced class!!


     What a week! It's SO SO SO nice to be outside proselyting full time again! Last week was pretty rough to just stare at the same four walls of our apartment for a couple days! Poor Elder M, his hands and feet are a lot better now (the spots are gone and they don't hurt anymore), but now they are peeling hard core! ha, he really looks like a zombie! No one in our district will shake hands with him anymore! But he's a good sport, he's doing alright! We've had a lot of contacting to do this week! It's been a lot of fun actually! Even though it's been CRAZY hot outside, it's still so fun to spend all day everyday making friends!... even if most people look at you like you're nuts, but you know, it is what it is! 
     On Tuesday, we had a pretty awesome ZTM (Zone Training Meeting) and I got a nice surprise when my Recent Convert showed up starting waving at me from outside the door! He was there with our Zone Leaders to do a little Recent Convert panel thing where we ask a bunch of RC's and Investigators questions... super awesome! He's doing so good! He just went to the temple for the first time and did Baptisms, he had a chance to get the Priesthood and Baptize somebody a couple weeks ago, and now he's going on a short term mission in a few weeks! SO STRONG!! He makes me so proud! He's like one of my little Baptism Babies! Well, after ZTM, we had an exchange with the zone leaders. I went into their area with Elder W, a super awesome elder from Signapore. Had a great time with him and I definitely learned a lot! Wednesday morning was super fun... Elder W is a seriously buff dude, and he and I decided we'd do some Insanity work outs. Yeah, I was pretty sore the rest of the week! 
     Thursday was awesome!! We had a Bonus Zone Conference because a lot of people are "dying" (that's what we say when a missionary finishes their mission) this move-call... including President and Sister B!! It was a blast to see all of the missionaries again and I got to talk with Elder B for a little bit too. I love Zone Conference! So much fun and it's always so spiritual! I'm super sad that President B is heading out, but I'm excited for the new President and his wife (I'm not even gonna try spelling out their last name) to get here, and I'm interested to see the similarities and differences in the Mission! We ended the day by taking one of our investigators out to the American Burger joint for dinner. I'm telling you guys, this place is awesome. Enough said. 

     Guys, I know this church is true. I know it with all that I am. I testify that this work is real, and it is overseen by God the Almighty and Eternal Father, and it is brought to pass by His Beloved Son, our Savior and Redeemer. I'm sorry if I'm bursting anyone's bubble right now, but we are nothing. We truly are nothing in comparison with the glory and majesty of our God... but I can tell you with a firm belief, we are EVERYTHING to Him who created us. That's a comforting thought, isn't it? 

     I love you guys! Have a great week!
 
I have included a couple of the personal messages from Ryan to the family this week because he really talks a lot about how he feels about being on his mission... 
 
Family,
Hey y'all! 

Mom, I'm still doing super good out here, same as ever! I love it! I was thinking to myself the other day, as hard as it is, as much as I miss you (which is a WHOLE LOT!) I wouldn't choose to be anywhere else. I think I'm crazy! It's freakin' hard! I sweat out entire buckets in just a few hours! I can't watch movies, listen to music, I can't even see my own family! Does that sound like fun?? It is. It's an absolute blast! Elder Holland said something when he came to the MTC about missionary work that really hit me hard. It goes something like this: "Many missionaries say things like: 'When I get back to a real life...' Elders and Sisters, let me tell you something," and then he got all scary and intense like he does... "A mission is as real as life gets!!!" It's so true. This is life, and it will never get any realer than it is right now. I love it, mom. I don't deserve this great of an experience! It's enough to make me fall on my knees each and every night and cry out in love and appreciation to God for this opportunity! I love ya mom! You're the best!

Dad,  Well, I love it out here man! I've never felt more sad, more happy, I've never been more exhausted and I've never been so full of energy! It's so incredible! I love ya man! I love reading your e-mails every week, the stories are always enough to make me laugh out loud because I can just imagine them in my mind. I gotta say, I miss sitting next to you in Elders Quorum!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment