Taichung Time

Monday, January 6, 2014

Jan 5, 2014

What is up e'ry body?? How was the start of the new year?? It's 2014! I really don't feel all that different, so I'll stop pretending like it's such a huge deal... :D

We had quite a great week here in the Zhongxing Zone!! Being busy with a few exchanges, Jedi Council, eating until we explode, working with drunks, and falling in pitch black ditches, made for quite an exciting week! 

Monday:
     4 characters. 石頭烤肉. I know that you have no idea how to read that out loud, let alone understand what it means, so I'll explain. Imagine a BBQ with a never ending flow of meat... basically the Taiwanese version of Tucanos. We went there last Monday and brought along the member who let us use his Skype stuff so that we could thank him for helping us out. SO GOOD. I haven't been so full since that one time we ate at that buffet at the New Orleans man! 

Tuesday:
     Exchanges with Elder W! He says he actually knows Aunt Sherri and Uncle Gary... You'd recognize his mom. She plays the mom who leaves her husband in "17 Miracles." He's an incredible missionary and he's an absolute blast to be around! I was a little put out at first when I found out we were going to have to be exchanging on New Years eve so Elder R and I wouldn't be together, but Elder W was really awesome and we had a great time together. We carried on the fruit ninja tradition and drank some papaya milk to toast the New Year. That night was supposed to be full of golden investigator lessons and different recent converts that we were going to be visiting... basically a full plan, but it all fell through and we ended up knocking doors for about 2 hours straight. We met some really cool people and saw a giant, super nasty and venomous spider. Not cool. 

Thursday:
     Jedi Council. It's really called Mission Leadership Council (MLC), but come on guys, Jedi Council is so much better. Master Yoda (a.k.a. President Blickenstaff) is such an incredible example to me. I love talking with him and listening to his shares about things going on in the mission. We, Elder R and I, were pretty over the moon to share with the other leaders and President that our zone, along with one other, had the highest amount of baptisms and confirmations throughout the mission. A total of 12. We're especially proud because our zone is known for never baptizing. We were only expected to get around 4, but we  found some great miracles. We expect to do it again and get at least 10 this next month! Please pray for us! 
     We also met a guy who was totally sloshed that night. He couldn't even talk. He was sitting on the ground outside of the 7-11 that we were eating in and he kept trying to stand up... he finally did it and then went crashing down against the glass of 7-11 and then smacked his head on the ground after that and didn't move. I honestly thought he was dead! I went over and checked to make sure everything was okay, looked for any injuries and miraculously there was nothing! I picked him up, put him in a chair and told him: "DON'T MOVE." He tried to thank me and started blabbering in a language that no one understood so I looked at him and told him again not to move, then we left. It's pretty fun to be a missionary and come across these kinds of situations! 

Saturday:
     Fell in a ditch and almost broke my wrist by stopping myself and trying to save my precious bike. I was singing a song in my head and didn't see the hole 'cause it was so dark outside, then I scared myself when I started plummeting towards the ground. In the end, my bike only took a little bit of damage that I'll probably be fixing today and I wasn't injured at all! The Lord takes pretty good care of His servants!

I only have a little bit of time to give a quick spiritual share, so I'll be quick and to the point. The Lord Atoned for us so that we could change. If you feel like you're stuck in a rut, or you feel like it's impossible to change, look to the Lord and allow His Atonement to shape you. Let it become the very nucleus of your being and let it shape your entire life. I've felt this power so much on my mission, and I know without a shadow of a doubt that the power is real. 

I love you all so much! Have a great week!

Elder Noll
 
LDS Chapel

Ryan...still being Ryan :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment