Taichung Time

Saturday, May 31, 2014

May 30. 2014

Hello everyone! I apologize in advance, but I'm warning you that it's gonna be a shorter one this week! We just finished hiking with the Blickenstaffs in a little place called Dakeng 大坑。It was real fun, but now I return red and sweaty... :)

I've switched to another companion... feels like it's getting faster and faster! But no worries, I've been with this guy before! Elder G is my new (old) companion once more!! Elder L has moved down to Tainan, lucky dog, and he's pretty cool with it! It's so fun to be with Elder G again, he's just a little ball of unending happiness! 

I was losing my mind for a little bit at the start of the week... the office exploded with another transfer day and I was stuck in the middle of everybody's confusion... The Assistants were smart and hid in their office all day... I'm gonna have to try that next time! It was a little sad to watch as Elder R, Elder P, and the rest of the sisters in my group go home this last week. It really makes me realize how precious time on a mission is! I'm gonna miss those guys! 

Now, things are a little bit calmer and I'm not so stressed anymore! Yay!! :)

We had quite a bit of time to go around the island and look for some apartments to help some missionaries move and such, so that was pretty fun! The best part of the week, we got out every single night to do some missionary work!! Monday, we met with a few families in the ward. Tuesday, we met with a recent convert in the area. Wednesday was English! Thursday, we met with 2 awesome investigators! And yesterday we got some great contacting time in! It's been really nice to set up some time and some goals and go out there and hit them! I'm happy to have the opportunity to work here in Taichung!

I'd like to share a couple lines from a great song: 

"Have I done any good in the world today?
Have I helped anyone in need?
Have I cheered up the sad and made someone feel glad?
If not, I have failed indeed.
Has anyone's burden been lighter today
Because I was willing to share?
Have the sick and the weary been helped on their way?
When they needed my help was I there?"

Have you ever asked yourself these questions? Have you ever had the desire to do more for your fellow man? I promise that even if you don't have that desire, when you act you will play a most important role in another persons life. I don't know what form of blessings you will receive, but I promise you will be blessed... however, that is not why I invite you to look outside of your own little box. In the world today, we all too often think of nothing but ourselves and what's in it for us. I want to invite us all to step to a higher level: 

"... Wake up and do something more
Than dream of your mansion above.
Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure,
A blessing of duty and love."

Isn't it wonderful to know that we have the power and responsibility to look after those of God's troubled children? We are on this earth to personally grow and progress, of course, but I know within my heart that we are here to establish relationships of love and friendship with our fellow mankind. So "WAKE UP!" Go out with a prayer in your heart and a mindset to actively help.

Love you guys! I'm gonna go take a nap! :)

Elder Noll

No comments:

Post a Comment