Taichung Time

Sunday, August 10, 2014

August 9, 2014

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!! I hope it's been a great week. This week has gone by quickly once again. We're getting ready for the new missionaries to arrive next week, and we're also working on training Elder F to take my spot! He's doing great! He'll be an awesome ops manager, and I'm excited to see what differences he'll make in the mission! One of the highlights of this week... I'm working on a new textbook for our free English class in the mission, and it's almost done! I'm excited to finish it up this next week and then let Elder F introduce it to the mission in the next coming months! It's gonna be totally sweet!

We basically prepped for this coming week all week... our computer crashed a couple weeks ago, and we're in the middle of trying to get back all the information and all the software going again... It certainly has been quite the project! It's a good thing that Elder F is pretty good with computers, and we've saved almost everything. Now we're just waiting on a new computer from Church HQ! So excited! :)

Everyone is asking me, "Elder Noll, where do you think you'll go now??" I just tell them that I've got no clue, but I'm excited none the less! I'm grateful that I've been given this time to serve missionaries from the background a little more... It's been a great learning experience for me! I've grown as I've served, and I've learned what it truly means to serve with all your heart. 

I'd like to try something for the next several weeks... I want to briefly talk about anything special that happened during my week, and then I'll share with you about someone who has greatly influenced my life or taught me a valuable lesson. Today, I'd like to dedicate this email to my little brother, Alec. What a stud. I've recently heard of a little activity that he decided to do over the summer break. My dad went along with him throughout 30 days of service. Each day, Alec would pick an act of service to do for someone. A stranger, a friend, a neighbor, anyone! I'd like to share some pictures and a scripture with all of you. 

Matthew 18:3 "... Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."

As I look at these pictures, I can't possibly imagine anyone else being worthy of the kingdom of heaven. This is a kid who gave up hours upon hours, days upon days of his summer break in order to serve others. This wasn't a scout project, or homework from school! He just wanted to do it. I can't possibly imagine doing that when I was his age... I find it hard imagining myself doing it now! As Alec did these acts of service, I would receive little weekly updates about it... my dad would send me a note telling me about some fun little act they did, but I never really took into perspective what they were actually doing. Seeing these photo's was an eye opener for me. I see a brown little kid in muscle shirts, shorts and flip flops (takes after his older brothers for sure) doing all kinds of jobs all over town! You'll also notice, that there's not one picture of him frowning or being grumpy or even the least bit put out that he's losing personal time. Thank you Alec. You've taught me the meaning of Christlike service, and it's something I'll never forget. 

It's been an awesome week, my friends! I'm excited for a new one! There's always miracles in the weeks to come! 

OH yeah! I almost forgot to share about one of our new investigators! I met with him when I first came to Taichung back in March, and then he left the country so we lost contact with him... He came back recently, and he's totally a changed man. He is so humble. It brings such a special spirit when we teach him. We taught the Plan of Salvation this last Tuesday and it was incredible. I had the chance to share my testimony of the resurrection, judgement and our eternal potential. The spirit was so strong! He needs a little time to really pray and read the scriptures, but he'll be coming to Church tomorrow, and he'll be ready to be baptized in just a couple months. He's one of the most prepared people I've ever met here in Taiwan! He truly has a kind of light about him! 

Well, I love you all! You're all awesome, and I hope you have a super great week! 

Love, Elder Noll
 





























 

No comments:

Post a Comment