Taichung Time

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

September 14, 2014

What's up?? I'm gonna keep this letter pretty short this week... sorry, I honestly just don't have the patience to write too much today! Is that bad? Sorry guys!

We've had an incredible week! Some rockin' lessons with investigators, some truly inspiring experiences on companion exchanges, and some miracles of course!! One of my favorite miracles of the week was watching our investigator pass his baptismal interview! He's on course to be baptized this week, but still needs an even bigger miracle at this time. He really wants his dad to support his decision to be baptized, so he's in the middle of talking to him over the course of this week. So far, the dad hasn't said anything to him, so that's not really a bad or good sign, it's just a thing... please keep him in your prayers! We've been praying and fasting for him throughout the past couple of weeks, I know that the Lord can and will work miracles in order to bring about His righteous purposes. 

Elder P and I are getting along great. We have a lot of fun together... well, most of the time we're both too exhausted to do anything too crazy by the time we get home, but it's still a blast! I love that he's a hard worker. I'm glad that I don't have to worry about dragging him around or anything, he keeps up like a champ! He's such a great help in all that we do as a companionship! 

My spiritual share is centered on a famous movie line. "Why do we fall Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves back-up." Have you ever felt forsaken before? How did that feel? To be so utterly alone, covered in bruises and lying on the dirt... what was going through your mind? The most moving account of a forsaken man that I've ever seen is that of the Savior of mankind hanging on the cross. After suffering fathomless amounts of physical pain and public humiliation, He didn't open His mouth in pain / complaint until the final moment when He cried: "Abba, Father! Why hast thou forsaken me?" The words chill me to the bone each time I read them. So I ask you the same question that Bruce Wayne was asked by his father and Alfred... "Why do we fall?" Why was it necessary for the Savior to be forsaken by God? Why is it that we must fall and feel forsaken by God at times? "So we can learn to pick ourselves back-up." I've fallen so many times, brothers and sisters. I've fallen and I've fallen pretty hard at times, but I promise that these times, although they took me to my breaking point and beyond, are the times when I grew closest to the Lord and realized how I could pick myself up. When you fall, get up. I echo the grand voice of President Uchtdorf in saying, "You can do it NOW." 

Rock on. Keep on keepin' on!

Elder Noll

No comments:

Post a Comment