Taichung Time

Monday, May 27, 2013

May 26, 2013

     Well, it's been another week on the beautiful island of Taiwan! One of the highlights of the week, we've got an investigator with a baptismal goal for the 15th of June!! YEAH!!! I don't know if I told you about the "merry Monday" crew back from Tainan or not, but one of the guys moved here to Gaoxiong and so we met him for dinner again last monday and he's meeting with us again tonight! He's an awesome guy, and we're gonna work hard to try and get him active in the church! You ban fa!  Well, time for the day by day update:   
    Tuesday: Exchanges! Oh so much fun. I stayed in my area and led around Elder W(one of my Zone leaders from Signapore) for Tuesday and Wednesday. We had some awesome success, and racked up some serious numbers! It was a good day for sure. We also went to the elementary school to do some English Proselyting (just advertising the English Class)... we felt a little like pedophiles, but we got some good families to come to English class and I'm sure it will lead to some new families converting unto Christ!   
      Wednesday: Interviews! Every 3 months President Bishop will visit each Zone and conduct personal interviews, I love these interviews! He's such an incredible guy and he really makes you feel special as he talks with you. He's got a remarkable memory! He remembers things that I said in my first interview with him, he quotes things that I said but don't even remember! Super lihai!! I did leave on a bit of a sad note... During interviews, the Assisstants (and President Bishop himself) very bluntly hinted to Elder M that he would be training this next move call, which means I'm gonna get kicked out of here! Man! I'm super happy for Elder M, but I'll be SO sad to leave this area!!   
      Thursday: Basically had a normal finding day! Spent almost all of it outside in the nice, hot, sun and got some good new investigators! We also met with this guy who is from Oregon!! He's got Taiwanese parents, but he was born in the states. He's a pretty cool dude! We talked with him for longer than an hour and I think he'll be a very likely candidate for baptism and enduring conversion! I can't wait to see the Gospel begin to change his life! We also spent the night teaching a Recent Convert who has become less active... We weren't teaching the Gospel though, I was teaching him... how to ride a bike!! haha, poor guy! He's got a few reasons why he's less active, but one of the big ones is that he's got no way to come to church!! So I spent about an hour teaching him how to ride so he can start coming to church with us on Sundays! I was about 10 minutes away from trying dad's method and ripping his shirt off of him as he pedals!!! But he's getting there... slowly. :)    
     Friday, Saturday, and Sunday: Just a normal weekend! Spent most of it at the older mans house that we take care of, and the rest of it was spent teaching some lessons and a whole lot of contacting! It's always a little hard to get up and go contact out in the hot sun, but if we don't do it, we're never going to help others come unto Christ! It's definitely a neccessary sacrifice! And it's also very worth while!    
     Why do we have commandments? Why is it that God has told us to keep all these "rules?" What do you think? Would you believe me if I told you it's because He loves us? We're given these commandments for our own benefit and protection! It's for the same reason that we have all of our warning signs (don't touch, don't smoke, don't feed the animals, etc.)! Very easy to understand why we shouldn't touch the bright red light on the humidifier, right Dad? These signs are usually the result of somebody with greater knowledge, wanting to help protect the people on earth... Sound anything like a God? God is all powerful and all knowing! He also is filled with love for us, He will do everything He can to protect us (withouth taking away our own Personal Agency) and this is the exact reason he's given us these commandments. Sometimes we don't know what the reasoning is for a certain rule, but there's always a good reason! Exact obedience will ensure our safety and it will give us strength to overcome any trial!     I love you guys all to the moon and back! Hope everything is still going well, I'm certainly doing great out here! Loving every minute of every day! Jiayou!!
proselyting

Good morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment