Taichung Time

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013!

Oh the joys of move day! I apologize in advance, this letter will be a little bit shorter! I've only got a little bit of time to write this right now! Well, I'm on a nice little spiritual high right now after seeing you guys yesterday!... granted, you were just frozen in the screen for 30 minutes until you disappeared entirely, but I saw you for about 10 minutes and heard your voices! I'm okay with that! You all looked like you're doing great, even if you were a little tired! Sorry about that! I'm looking forward to seeing you again at Christmas! 
     This week has been H O T!! I didn't think it was possible to get any hotter, but Gaoxiong has shown me some pretty hot days! It definitely brings some rockin' fruit though, so I don't worry about it too much! We had an AWESOME experience this week with one of our investigators! He had a dream that gave him an answer to his prayers!  This investigator is super great, but he's always had a problem that we just couldn't quite figure out! Finally, last week, we did a mock baptismal interview with him and found out that he didn't believe in Joseph Smith or the Book of Mormon... he's keeping EVERY single commandment, but he doesn't believe that Joseph Smith actually saw God. So we told him to fast with us. The morning after our special fast he called us and told us (in English): "I've had an epiphany of Jesus Christ..." ?!? I had no idea what that meant, but you can bet I was nervous! We met with him on Thursday and he drew this huge, detailed dream up on the board for us to interpret... it was seriously intricate! If you want to see a copy of it, ask my parents in a couple of weeks, I'm sending a copy to them. By the end of the dream, he writes up 4 numbers on the board. 1836. He says: "Elder Luo, do you know what this means?" I told him I had not a clue!! He then pulls out his Book of Mormon and shows us something in the index about Joseph Smith translating the Book of Mormon in June of 1830... the sixth month in the year of 1830!!! I never would have made that connection, but he's a smart dude! He then tells us that he fully believes in the Book of Mormon and in Joseph Smith, it couldn't have made me any happier! The only problem now is that his family doesn't agree with him getting baptized, so it'll be a while! But it's okay, because I know that one day he'll make that step and he'll start on the path to Eternal Life.
     So we've found out that Elder D is now going Zone Leader! He'll rock it up north! My new companion is on his way down here right now, his name is Elder M. I met him my first day in Tainan and he's a super cool guy! We're gonna do some serious work here in Lingya!! I'll have more details about him next week!
 
     I want to bear my testimony to you about how incredible the work of the Lord is, and the importance of His hand in everything we do. This work is absolutely without price. I know because I'm now apart of it more than ever! Seeing the changes it's made in peoples lives is nothing short of miraculous. The most important part of this work, though, is to have the Lord's Spirit to be with us as we do it. That requires us to do and give us certain things! It means we must be worthy, that's the first step to anything in the Church! Personal worthiness is a requirement to work alongside our God. It means we must put forth serious effort. Not only the physical effort (and I'm here to tell you, there's PLENTY of physical demands!) but we must exercise our minds by studying the scriptures and the words of the prophets! We must also be wise in things of the world, including how to budget money, how to wash clothes, how to get along with people, and basic necessities of life! I promise that when we put forth the effort to do these things, the Lord with bring us to heights that we've never even dreamed of! Everything is possible with the Lord on our side. This is my promise and invitation, in the name of our beloved Savior and Redeemer, even Jesus Christ, amen.

    
Happy Mother's Day!

Best MD Gift!!

Even the dog got in on the action...LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment