Taichung Time

Monday, October 7, 2013

October 6, 2013

Hey guys!! So... sounds like this week was pretty awesome!! I'm SO stoked for Conference this week!!! Super jealous that you guys got the seats you did!! SOOO awesome! I want to go super bad! It's kinda scary to know that I've only got one conference left as a missionary after this... I never thought the day would come when I could say that! And dad pointed out that Jessi only has one conference left as a normal kid! After that he'll be coming to join me for my last couple months in Taiwan! ;) 

     Well, it's been a super great week, just like every week has been since last September! Being on a mission is super crazy guys! I haven't had one week where I can look back and say: "that was a bad week." Isn't that incredible?? There will be days when I'll be DEAD exhausted, when things didn't go my way, when I have to say some extra long prayers because of investigators or homesickness or whatever, but I can honestly say I've LOVED every week of my mission. I've started doing a "on this day of last year, what was I doing?" kind of tradition each day by reading my journal entries from the MTC... W O W. I've changed quite a bit! It really surprises me at how little I recognize the person in my journals! It seems so weird to me! It just continues to help me understand that when we do what God requires of us, He will shape us into the person He knows we must become. 

     We've had another good week with investigators and tons of exchanges!! I had a chance to host Elder Limbaloobadop (that's not his name, but I can't spell his real name...) who I went to high school with! He's super awesome and such a studly missionary! We had some super awesome lessons and continue to work with our SUPER GOLDEN investigator! He came to 3 hours of church yesterday and then another 30 minute lesson, and then 1 and 1/2 hours of FHE last night! He loves us! haha, we're super stoked for him to come and watch conference with us!! 

     I've been so excited reading the Book of Mormon this week! I started a brand new copy with a new marking system that is BLOWING MY MIND! I haven't even read through the 4th chapter of 1st Nephi, and yet my book is bulging with the new pieces of personal revelation I'm receiving! It's so much fun to start the Book of Mormon! It's like switching out the batteries in our Spiritual System (yes, that's a new section in our Human Anatomy textbook)!! I've been studying the principles of Repentance and how it leads to True Conversion because that's something our Mission President has really been focusing on lately, and I've learned a LOT! It's incredible how much you can learn from just 531 pages of pure revelation! I love the Book of Mormon! 

     Sorry my e-mail is a little lacking in details today... although the week was full of incredible spiritual enlightenments, it was a little lacking in worldly excitement!

Love ya guys! have a great week!!

Elder Noll

No comments:

Post a Comment