Taichung Time

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

October 27, 2013

Wow, I'm so tired today! We just spent all day at Mission HQ with some of my old RC's and friends from Gaoxiong, so I'm pooped! Sorry if this is a boring letter today!!  
I asked Elder Noll how his shoes were holding up:
Shoes?
     Haha, super good... and by "good" I mean "they are flatter than flat and the back is ripped... on both of them..." so they will definitely be my trophy shoes when I get home!! I love them! They even have a hole in the bottom already!! :D
Monday:
     Found a cool little hang-out! It's got a bowling alley, some pool tables, foosball tables, basketball games, and a bunch of other little stuff! You can pay 50$/ hour and just do whatever you want!! Super awesome! We're planning on hitting that up again next week! It was kinda fun to just "hang out" for a couple hours! Something I haven't done for a long time! haha!
Tuesday:
     We had a day full of visiting different members houses and trying to get some referrals from them... basically just doin' the work! We love the members here in Daya SO MUCH!! They're SO cool, and they're all so excited to do missionary work! We also met a cool guy who had met with missionaries before! He tried to avoid us at first, but I wasn't about to let him get away, so I contacted him. It broke my heart as he told me that he knew the church was true and that it could help his life, but he just didn't want it. It's gotta  be the hardest thing that I come across out here in the field. Those people that understand how important these things are, or can be, to their lives, but they still refuse to accept it. It just makes me want to drag them into the chapel and dunk them anyways!!
Wednesday:
     Super fun day. We had a follow up meeting for everyone being trained right now, and Sister Blickenstaff made some awesome American cinnamon rolls! Later that night, we also had the ENGLISH CLASS HALLOWEEN PARTY!!! We (the Elders) pulled off an awesome "room of horror" for all the students to try and walk through... Elder C has some pretty awesome, a little creepy, stuff in that mind of his,  because we ended up making a pretty sick spook alley! For example, Elder M's head on a table next to a bowl of candy... That's enough to give anyone nightmares. Let's just say it was the favorite event of ALL the students.
Thursday:
     Deep Cleaned the apartment after our Weekly Planning Session! Made me think of the little chore lists mom used to make for us every once and a while! We got a nice sweat worked up and made our house nice and sparkly! Then the rest of the day was spent contacting!!
Friday, Saturday and Sunday:
     Lots of finding and having super awesome lessons! Sorry, I don't have a whole lot of time to explain a lot about the rest of the week... but let it be known that it was legendary! I'm so incredibly grateful for each and everyday of my mission, and I find each new experience precious!!! I love Taiwan, and I love the Taiwanese people!
Love you guys so much!! Jiayou!
Elder Noll

No comments:

Post a Comment