Taichung Time

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Last letter from the MTC

Wasai!! This definitely snuck up on me!! Wow, the MTC has just flown by! I am so excited to get to Taiwan and really start working, but I'm definitely going to miss the MTC. I'm going to miss my companion, my district, my teachers, and I'll definitely miss the overall feeling that the MTC holds! But I know that the Lord needs me now and I need to really start putting out the effort to help move along this mighty work!
You'll never guess what happened this week... ok you can probably guess. TRAVEL PLANS!!! I'm so stoked! And guess who is the travel leader? ME! They had a pretty big group to choose from... Sister Ward and myself! haha so not exactly that special of an assignment but I'll take it very seriously, don't worry! All I really have to do is make sure that Sister Ward and I are both on time to the plane. It'll be a really nice flight actually, we're flying over with all the other Taiwan missionaries, so I'll be with Di Zhanglao (Elder Dwiggins) and Sisters George, and O'Brien, and others from my zone. After that, we have a 15 hour flight (wasai) to Tokyo, Japan!! So cool right?? And then from there we go to Taiwan. We will be getting there around 10 or 11 at night, and then we have about a 3 hour bus ride to the mission home in Taizhong! So I've got a long couple days ahead of me! I'm so stoked right now, every time I think about it I just get so excited (maybe a little scared too)... but it makes me so excited!! So that was definitely one of the highlights of my week here at the MTC!
Ok, so here's the week laid out for ya!
     So this week really didn't have a whole lot in it! The travel plans were the most exciting thing that happened by far! But on Saturday, we had TRC again.... with a REAL investigator!! Crazy, right?? She was from Mainland China and spoke real Chinese, not just Missionary Chinese! It was definitely a humbling experience for me, but the lesson (which I thought went terrible at the time) actually went well. The Spirit was there very strong as we discussed Christ's Atonement and how we can implement it into our lives. She told us about things that she was worrying about in her life, and we taught her about how she can receive revelation for those things during Sacrament time. So even though I thought it didn't go all that well, my teacher (who was listening in) told Elder Luke and I that it really wasn't a bad lesson. This sister also gave me some good feedback which has really helped me progress my teaching skills! TRC is so great! It's humbling, uplifting, Spiritual, and overall nerve-racking! But it's such a blast to sit down and try to really help real people with real problems! I love it so much!!
     We had a great fast Sunday this week, where we got to watch the Christmas devotional that night! My favorite subject that was mentioned was in President Uchtdorfs talk, about becoming better "receivers." I really liked that, how we all need to give, and we all need to have that humble Christmas Spirit, but we truly bless others as we receive their gifts!
     Well, I'm out of time. I will write you all letters today and get them in the mail ASAP. I love you all, I miss you all, and I pray for you daily! Merry Christmas! Remember what Christmas really is about, and it will become something so much more special to you and to everyone who sees you living the Gospel! Jiayou!! Zaijian!

No comments:

Post a Comment