Taichung Time

Monday, July 22, 2013

July 21, 2013

Oh, the most wonderful word in the Missionary Language... BAPTISM! We, Elder L and I, are on a nice little mission work high right now after having an INCREDIBLE baptism on Saturday! Wow, I'm so happy for this kid! He's such an incredible guy, and he's already getting ready to go to the Temple in a few weeks! SO COOL! 

     Well, this week absolutely FLEW by. I feel like I was just here yesterday! We had a short term missionary with us all week long, that was fun. Kinda showed me the difference between someone who's prepared to go on a mission and someone who is still trying to decide whether or not to go... it really made me miss ya Jessi! I couldn't help but comparing everything he did to you and then being disappointed because you are much more prepared to come out here and do this work! But, I do think we were able to help this young man prepare himself a little better. He did progress throughout the week, so that's a good thing!
     We had a chance to meet some great new investigators this week, meet with some less actives, and visit all of our recent converts! It was a great week, but honestly there wasn't much that happened! We spent most of it preparing for the baptism and making sure that our investigator was comfortable with what was happening! It turned out incredible. One of the best baptisms I've attended here. The missionaries in our district worked on a special musical number called: "I will find you, my friend." The title is enough to make ya tear up a little! It's all about friendships between investigators and missionaries in the pre-earth life and promises we made then to find each other. Really incredible. I also had a chance to give a talk at the baptism. I've learned one of the amazing gifts a mission has given me... the ability to write a few scriptures on a piece of paper and talk about them for 15 minutes straight!... in a totally different language! Yeah, I'm pretty sure they were sick of me talking after about 10, but I meant every word that I told my new recent convert. I talked about building our lives and foundations on the Rock of our Redeemer. The service was incredible and spiritual, and as our new convert walked back in the room after changing his clothes, I almost broke down and sobbed. He was in a full on suit, white shirt and tie, and looked just like a missionary. We got some great pictures and I'll make sure I send them today.

     I want to leave you guys with a message of happiness today! I remember a little quote down in our basement in our house. something like this: "Attitude is everything." That's the message I want to send out to you all today. The attitude we choose, truly is everything. We can choose to be happy, miserable, jealous, proud, humble, anything! The vision we give for ourselves can and will become reality one day! Choose for yourself a bright future! 

Love you all so much! have a great week!

Love, Elder Noll

No comments:

Post a Comment