Taichung Time

Monday, March 24, 2014

March 23, 2014

Well, this has been one of the most eventful weeks of my mission, and yet, not a whole lot actually happened! Let's just get right into it, because I don't have a whole lot of time today!! 

So, the week started out with an AWESOME exchange. I stayed in Caotun with a new Elder from Yuanlin, and he's a total stud. He wrestled and boxed in High School, and he's a totally awesome guy! Totally chill, and a hard worker! We had a great exchange, and stayed up late into the night just talking about the glory days... wrestling tournaments, college stories, mission stories and then talked about the future for a long time! It was so much fun! 

On Wednesday, we met with a really awesome investigator. He pretty much has no interest in what we're sharing right now, but he has some real potential! His wife is a member from Costa Rica!! She's pretty less active, but she has a great testimony and we love meeting with their family. We had a great lesson about the Word of Wisdom and why it is that we don't drink tea... he didn't really understand WHY we actually keep this commandment, but as we were teaching him, I realized something. There are so many different scriptures and prophecies that say some thing to the effect of: "you will not be confounded before men..." and I've seen those scriptures and prophecies fulfilled. This man was to the point of yelling and rejecting our every teaching, but we were able to calmly quiet him down and allow the Spirit to come into the home. It was a really special experience for me! 

On Thursday we all got together for a Zone Conference!!! We had a wonderful opportunity to go to Zhanghua and have a pretty awesome training meeting. I was invited to conduct the meeting... THAT was a little crazy! haha, it was pretty weird to be conducting a meeting!! 

Okay, I gotta take off and do some work really quick... 

I'm the new operations manager, so now my time isn't as steady as it used to be. My new P-day is going to be on Saturdays! I'm SUPER nervous to start this new job, but I'm really excited! I get to work with President and Sister Blickenstaff a LOT and I'll probably get to use Facebook and all that stuff too! I don't have a whole lot of time right now, but I'll probably find a way to talk to you guys later... the phone call President gave me when he told me I'd move into the office was pretty comical... You'll love it! Sorry guys! I wish I could talk longer! Love you all tons!!!

Love, Elder Noll

No comments:

Post a Comment