Taichung Time

Saturday, March 29, 2014

March 28, 2014

Greetings from Dunder Mifflin. I'm chillin' out here next to Elder Dwight and ready to hit the streets and preach some Gospel!!

I'm lovin' the office! It's a totally different atmosphere in here guys, I wish that I could explain it, but you have to work in here yourself in order to truly understand. I'm not sweatin' my butt off all day under the sun, but I'm twice as tired here in the Office! As a Zone Leader, I found so much satisfaction as I learned to love and serve all the Missionaries in my Zone with all the energy I had. I can honestly say that I fell deeply in love with the rural, empty streets of the Zhongxing Zone. I'll always be able to look back at that time and know that I gave it my all and left nothing left in the tank. What an incredible feeling! 

My last Saturday in Nantou was as normal as any other Saturday. We rode all over and ran into awesome miracles! We got stood up the day before by a new investigator, which we were pretty sad about, but as we rode to the church on Saturday, he totally ran into us on the road and wanted us to take him to the Chapel to sit and talk with him and his Girlfriend!! He's a great guy and he has some real interest! 

That night, as we were going to pick up a less active Young Man, I got the phone call. President called me around 5:00pm and told me that Jessi had gotten his Mission Call!!! I was so grateful for President Blickenstaff calling me to chat with me about Jessi! It was touching to know that he would call me in the middle of a proselyting day to tell me such news... but that wasn't it. After he broke that news to me, we chatted for a good five minutes and then I told him that I had to go get this kid... he told me to wait one more second, he had something else he wanted to tell me. He then proceeded to tell me that I was needed in the Office to fill the seat of Operations Manager. You better believe I didn't see that one coming from anywhere. So I finished the day out and then started to pack up all the stuff that I own so that I could move to the Office the following Monday. 

The Office. It's... different. We spent the whole week down in Gaoxiong because of some Zone Conferences that we were doing, so that was totally sweet. I got to hang around my old area, see my friends down there, and see a bunch of Missionaries that I haven't seen in FOREVER! Wow, it was a special experience to hang out down there for 4 days! As Operations Manager, I and my companion, the Recorder, are in charge of basically taking care of all the Missionaries and their apartments. We spent the majority of the 4 days in Gaoxiong helping the Missionaries buy things for their apartments and moving a bunch of stuff. When we weren't helping out with Zone Conference or moving apartments around, we were driving to our next appointment! So we are pretty dang busy in the Office!

One of the most AWESOME parts of being in the Office is the Apartment that we live in. More importantly, the weight set in the apartment. We've got a full-on American Bench Press along with a full set of dumbells (10-70 lbs) along with enough plates to get about 315 pounds. Let's just say that Elder E and I are hitting it HARD right now, and we're both SO sore!! I'm totally LOVIN' it!! So no worries pops, there's no way I'm getting fat here! 
 
I'm so pumped guys. To know that President trusts me with this just puts an unquenchable fire in my chest! It makes me want to go out and scream out to everyone how totally AWESOME the message is that we share... so I'm gonna go do it! No more talk! I'm ready to get r' done!

Love you guys! Talk to you next week!

Elder Noll

No comments:

Post a Comment