Taichung Time

Saturday, July 12, 2014

July 12, 2014

So, the week has come and gone.

It was great! 

love, Elder Noll



Nah, I'll type a little more!

It was hot hot hot this week! The beautiful sun came out and heated up this place like an oven! I feel like I'm living inside of the fruit dehydrator that my mom uses to dehydrate those apples! (Do you feel like you understand a little more about Taiwan now?) It didn't help that we were in Gaoxiong for half the week... but no matter how hot it might get, it's still more than just worth it to be living in my little oven named Taiwan! It's so great here.

Monday was crazy day number one of the transfer cycle for me, and it was double the crazy because we had twice the amount of people going home... I'll admit, I was pretty stressed out!! hahaha, I'm glad that I have the chance to learn how to live under pressure and make decisions in the moment! Everything ended up alright and we had a great time with the missionaries going home!

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday! We were down in Gaoxiong doing tons of stuff. The biggest thing to happen down there, was the realization that sisters work about twice as fast as elders when it comes to moving apartments! I don't know why we always call the Elders Quorum to help people move... we should be relying on the Relief Society!! We went to move some sisters down in Gaoxiong, and they had already taken everything but their fridge downstairs at their old place! All we had to do was load it up and ferry it over to the new place! It took us just about 2 hours to get it all done! I was very grateful, that's for sure!

We returned to Taizhong on Thursday morning and started working on the interview stuff that was going on over at the Chapel with the Taizhong zone... we had an awesome chance to attend the short training that they did (way awesome) and then also had our chance to interview with President and then Sister Blickenstaff. It was fun to do interviews with them, now that I've had a chance to get to know them so much better! It was like a ten minute chat sessions with a few friends! 

Honestly, that was just about it for the week. I'd like to share really quickly about a principle I learned more about this week... The reality of the fact that WE ALL can change through Jesus Christ. Before you read on, please click the link at the bottom of this message and watch the short video. I believe that the grand majority of us have not fallen into depths as low as this man. So why is it that we think that God has given up on us? Why are we not willing to understand the fact that God is reaching out to let us change? 

Change doesn't have to be a painful thing! In fact, I felt a change in myself this week and I'm feeling a hundred times better than I ever have. I didn't even realize that I was carrying around burdens that I didn't have to carry! On Tuesday and Wednesday night, my companion and I began discussing this topic of change and I realized what I needed to do. I prayed and asked God to support me in my changes and my desires to become more like Christ, I asked for help to compensate for the times when I fail. I testify that He lives. I know that He is ALWAYS there to listen and to comfort. Brothers and Sisters, no matter where you are or what you are doing, I invite you to RIGHT NOW close your eyes and search for Him. You will find Him if you are looking for the right reasons. He is your ever supporting friend, your wise master and loving servant. Come unto Him, and live.

Thank you all for the examples you've been in my life. Without you, I'd be nowhere near where I am now! Thanks guys!

Elder Noll


http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=3446112587001

No comments:

Post a Comment