Taichung Time

Saturday, July 5, 2014

July 4, 2014

Alright everyone... I'm off to see a baptism in the next hour or so, so it'll be a short one for the day. 

I've learned a lot this week. I've learned what it means to really search for God. One of the investigators that was supposed to be baptized this week is unable to reach his goal now because of some worthiness issues... the worthiness issues aren't even his, and so I think it's especially unfair. I heard the news on Sunday, and it hit me pretty hard. I had fasted and prayed so hard that God would help him reach his goal, but it didn't work. I had tried every prayer in the book, but it didn't work. I couldn't help but think to myself: "WHY didn't it work?" I thought to myself about how unfair the whole situation was and how heartbroken I felt to know that he was being kept from blessings which he could so easily reach if he would but use his Agency for good. I had put a "pavilion" between myself and God with all of these thoughts and bitter worries.
God is always there. He truly is our Father, and although it seems to us that He is so far away, He knows how close we truly are to Him. Although you may feel that you are forgotten, if you feel like God doesn't know or even care, if you can't seem to feel the precious love that He has for you, I exhort you to "de-clutter" your life right now. Take away those things that are adding unnecessary stress, those things that merely distract or take up time, and God will fill that emptiness IF it's what you're searching for. I promise that these things are true. They are plain and as precious as can be.

I love you all. You mean so much to me, and know that I'm praying for you by name very often. I've felt and watched myself change so much in the past year and a half, and yet my feelings for all of you have only grown and deepened to a whole other level. Thank you for your support and your love, know that you are loved in return.

Love, Elder Noll 

No comments:

Post a Comment