Taichung Time

Saturday, April 19, 2014

April 18, 2014

MORE MONKEYS:
Well, as you can tell in the subject line of this message, I spent a day with the monkeys of Taiwan today... it also explains the reason behind the lateness of this message... ("lateness"- is that a word?)

The most important event of the week... (well, it was one of the coolest things that happened this week...) I GOT MY EASTER PACKAGE!!! I absolutely died laughing at each and every entry on that "letter" that you all wrote! That is by far the coolest thing I've seen! You guys are SO awesome! 

These weeks are all so blended together right now! I can't even differentiate between the events from the first week and events that are happening now! Let's suffice it to say that I'm enjoying my time in Taizhong. Driving on the roads of Taiwan is definitely an experience that I would've been fine NOT having, but I'll still gladly do all the things that are expected of me. haha! Now that Elder E, the old Operations Manager, has gone away, I'm left on my own to figure out the problems in the office. It was a little scary at first, but I'm getting the hang of it now! It's so odd to be the one that everyone comes to with their problems, but I honestly enjoy being able to help them out! It's such a blessing to be able to serve the Missionaries in the Taichung Mission and help them have a smoother experience here in Taiwan! 

On Monday, I just about lost my mind! It was the first day that I was the "real" Operations Manager, and it was also the day of the move call so things were pretty chaotic! Not to mention I had to make a "going home" video for all of the departing missionaries. I was pretty stressed out for the beginning of the day, and then Elder B got to the office and I totally relaxed. I love just chatting with that guy. I never really took the time to get to know him before coming out here, but we've really become pretty close since we've come on our missions together. Things were much smoother once all the other missionaries went back to their own areas!

Tuesday was hard in the morning... I had to say goodbye to some of my best friends from throughout my mission. Elder E and Elder H both left on Tuesday! I never really thought that they would actually leave! It doesn't seem like their gone for good! I'll miss those guys! 
Other than seeing them off, we kept ourselves nice and busy throughout the day. We met with an investigator at night and had a blast as we shared the gospel! It's honestly too much fun. 
On top of all that fun stuff, we also got to hang out with Elder W!! Now he is Brother W, but he's still the exact same as he was on a mission so I can't really stop calling him Elder... He's going to America to study at BYU! 

Wednesday was a total BLAST. We went to visit the English program at Daya!!! It was so much fun to see all of the members and all of my friends there! I saw 2 of my recent converts and had a chance to talk with them for a long time, and I also got to see some of the Sisters who I did baptismal interviews for. The change in all of them is so huge! It's so nice to see that the church is really changing their lives! 

Thursday... Oh yeah! Went back to Tainan! We had to drive down to Tainan to help out some missionaries who were having some apartment problems. It was so much fun to go around my old area again and see all the changes! It really has changed a lot in the past year! 

Friday and Today!

We've had a lot of fun! We had so much fun hiking with the monkeys today, I'll try to put the pictures on Dropbox asap so that you can see them all.


This week, I've pondered a lot about the talk that Elder Bednar gave in the morning session on Sunday of conference. Wow. What an inspiring talk! The "load" that he referred to made me think of wrestling and sports in general. You cannot progress, get stronger, build muscle, unless you have a force to push against. Similar to the parable which I shared a few weeks ago about the man pushing against the rock, God gives us opportunities to shoulder "loads" in order to help us grow. My beloved friends and family, brothers and sisters; DON'T SHY AWAY FROM THESE LOADS. I promise that they will push you to the upmost limit and you will feel as though the weight will crush you... but under this load you will find the traction to move forward and progress. 

Love you guys! Have a great week!

Elder Noll







Elder Noll photo bombing Elder "E"...He's going to miss him!

No comments:

Post a Comment