Taichung Time

Saturday, April 26, 2014

April 26, 2014

I'm sorry guys! Yet another P-day has come and gone and we didn't have time left to do anything today! I'm going to try my very hardest to be on the computer next week at 10:45am my time! I promise!... but don't count on anything, cause I can't actually be sure ;)

This week kind of flew right by without me really noticing! I haven't slept in my own bed since Tuesday... we had to take a trip down south this week to assist with some Interview stuff as well as instruct Facebook missionaries on how to safely, and effectively, use Facebook to do missionary work... as well as fix all the broken apartments on the way down and back. What with all that stuff, it gave us a lot to do! I definitely wasn't bored! It also gave me a real good chance to get my driving skills back up to par... It might take a little while!


Monday and Tuesday were very normal office days. We had a few lessons and had an opportunity to visit a couple members... it was REALLY nice to have some "real missionary" time! We had this AWESOME F.H.E. on Monday night with this family from our ward. Their son is going to the University of Utah to study computer science or something really fancy like that, so we had a great time as we shared a spiritual message, ate the best curry rice I've ever had, and played some fun games! I love F.H.E.! 


Once Wednesday hit, everything kinda started exploding. We were preparing to leave for the week so we had to pack as well as take care of all the office work and make sure that everyone in the office was ready for our absence... it didn't help that we were having computer problems and you all know that I can work a computer about as well as the monkeys that I saw last week, so the stress level was getting a LITTLE high on Wednesday, but it all worked out in the end. We got out in the afternoon and started on our quest! We hit almost every city on the way down to Gaoxiong this time! We stopped in Caotun (my old area!!!), as well as Douliu, Huwei, Tainan and finally the golden city of Gaoxiong. We spent about a day in each area, looking at apartments, checking out the English Class, handling mission supplies for missionaries who needed them, doing training, etc. etc. It was a really fun week! I really enjoyed getting the chance to see all of the Mission! 


It was a blast to see all of the missionaries and have a chance to bond with them a little more. We stayed with Elder C on Wednesday night, some Elders in Tainan for Thursday and then stayed the night with Elder Z on Friday night. It was a lot of fun! 


Today we went with the AP's and Sister B to see the GIANT Buddha in Gaoxiong. It was pretty epic. You all know how much I love Buddha, so I had the time of my life... poor Elder L is absolutely terrified of Buddha statues, so he wasn't liking life so much there, but he was brave and made it through the whole thing like a champ! I've got some pretty great pictures, but again don't have any time to put them up on Dropbox yet! Give me a few weeks! I promise I'll get them to you eventually! :)


What an incredible thing it is to be able to serve people. There is one act of service in history which has touched me more deeply and I think about it more often than any other... that is the act of Christ the Lord washing the feet of His Disciples. I wish I had time to write out the story, but I'll just refer to it at this time. I love it because it shows that NO ONE is above even the lowest form of service. It is in fact required of us to serve our beloved fellow beings. I promise that when you forget yourself and remember others, you will find blessings which have been kept especially for you. My favorite line that has come to my mind each and everyday of my Mission: "Forget yourself and get to work." You can't say it much better than that! Thanks Poppa Hinkley! (*Gary has given this advice to the boys on several occasions, so that is why he says poppa HInkley :))


Love you all!~ have a great week!

Love, Elder Noll

No comments:

Post a Comment