Taichung Time

Saturday, April 12, 2014

March 12, 2014

Almost every week that I've written an email, I've started off with a line similar to: "Wow! What a busy week!" ... I had no idea what it actually meant to have a REAL busy week until I came into the office! I'm learning so much about planning and goal setting! It's definitely a difficult job, but I know that God wants me to learn these tools better so that I can continue applying them throughout my life! This was the last week of this transfer, so we were a little busier than usual... actually, kinda a lot busier than usual! We had the new set of Missionaries come in from Provo this week!!! It was such a blast to interact with them and be able to be one of the first to welcome them to Taiwan! They all have an awesome fire! 

Sorry, I had to take off to a Baptism today, so I didn't have time to finish my email! I'll just give you a real quick re-cap... well, basically, the only thing that we did this week was welcome all the new missionaries! I'll have to tell you more about that next week, cause I really don't have any time right now!! 

Love you guys so much! I hope life is goin' good! 

Elder Noll
 
Seeing as Elder Noll ran out of time to write more this week, I thought I would add that his wonderful MP wife shared more info on the mission blog... Ryan, along with many other missionaries had the chance recently to sweep grave sites (abandoned or unknown graves). This is an annual activity done by everyone in Taiwan and is a way to show respect to family members who have passed away. The missionaries have the honor of paying respect to those who have no one else. They also get the chance to share the gospel through family history.

Ryan singing a song about geneology

Add caption



 A little more information about Ryan's week: As he said, they welcomed the new missionaries. From what I see, the office crew takes part in the orientation by training on mission operations. After training they are treated to a wonderful lunch (this time at a dumpling house), more training in the afternoon, followed by a banquet dinner. The next morning they are up early for morning calisthenics.

Ryan is on the top left corner

Ryan is in the middle -in  dark gray shirt


 

No comments:

Post a Comment