Taichung Time

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Week 2

  Elder Noll seems to be adapting well to life t the MTC...
 Tuesday October 9, 2012

Hello everybody!
  How is everything?? It's been so great to receive all of the packages and letters from everyone! I love to hear about all the little going-ons back at home! Wow, where to start! This week has been incredible! I can honestly feel the Lord shaping me into the missionary I need to become! I am constantly feeling the Spirit here at the MTC, even in the cafeteria when it's meal time! This truly is the Lord's work, and we truly are His servants! The first thing that I wanted to share with you today is about the new mission age! Wow, it's so incredible to think about how the work will increase now that the age has been lowered! I can't even begin to tell you how incredible the Sister Missionaries testimonies are, and now the number of Sisters will likely double! Also, any 18 year old (Jessi) who wants to serve a mission (Jessi) and is worthy to do so (Jessi) NEEDS TO DO IT!!! I'm not trying to hint at anything though... ;) Jessi, I testify to you here and now that a mission will change your life more than just spiritually or physically, but a mission (through God) will literally shape you into the Man you need to become. Any other 18 year old boy I would say that they need to wait for a little while. But you are so prepared for this Jessi, you have SUCH a strong work ethic, I've heard your testimony and I marvel at the strength of it! You can be such a force for good!! I know that by telling you to do this, it means I won't see you for over 4 years, and that is difficult for me to think about. But I know that this sacrifice will benefit so many people, and it will create ETERNAL relationships with so many people! If any young man is worthy and able to serve a mission THEY NEED TO DO IT!!! But it can't be my choice, it can't be mom and dad's choice, it can't be your seminary teacher's choice. It is entirely up to you.
     Now, to get off my soap box for a little bit, I can't even begin to explain how weird of a feeling it is to be in the MTC! I've waited for this my whole life, and it's finally here! It's incredible, waking up everyday (much too early for my taste) and preparing myself to preach the Lord's gospel! It's a dream come true! During Conference, my favorite talk was definitely Elder Holland's talk on following the Savior. It hit so close to home for me, and it really gave me a great lift in my Spirit to know that I'm doing what I'm supposed to! I love this work so so very much, and I would never give these experiences away for anything! I miss you all like crazy, but I can honestly say that this is the happiest I've ever been in my life. Having the Spirit with me constantly is one of the greatest feelings in the world. The last thing I can say is this. 2 Nephi 31: 21 (I think this is the scripture!) It says "Behold, this is the way. And there is none other way, or name, that we can inherit the Kingdom of God..." Such an incredible scripture! I believe in it whole heartedly! My feelings about this scripture can be summed up with another. 2 Nephi 9: 49 (I'm pretty sure!) "My soul abhorreth sin, and my soul delighteth in righteuosness!" My soul DELIGHTETH in the gospel! wo hen ai zhe ge fuyin he, Yesu Jidu. wo ai Yesu Jidu he Ta de sacrifice. wo feichang ganxie wo de Jiuzhu! Wo ai Nimen!!!
     Love, Elder Noll
     Luo Zhanglao

P.S. Dad and Jessi,
On Sunday evenening, we had a devotional with Chad Lewis. Yes, THE Chad Lewis. BYU and Philadelphia Eagles Tight End, served his mission in Taiwan Taizhong! I thought that something he said you might find pretty dang interesting! He said he was giving a devotional at the MTC one Sunday, and he looked down on the front row and saw an Elder Polumalu. He was interested because Chad is friends with Troy, so Chad went up to this Elder and asked if there was any relation... Elder Polumalu is Troy Polumalu's younger brother!!! Isn't that so awesome???

No comments:

Post a Comment