Taichung Time

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Week 5

Ni men hao!
     Hello everyone! I'm stoked to write to you today! I don't even have much to say but I just love writing! How is everybody doing? I'm doing great at the MTC, our older generation just left this morning which was pretty bitter sweet! They've been such great examples to all of us and they're going to be such incredible missionaries, but i'm going to miss them! They've really been great resources to go to if I had any questions, and in a week from now I'm going to be in the "older generation!" Isn't that crazy?? I don't feel like I've been here that long! My Chinese is coming along but I feel like it's nowhere near what I want it to be. This week was a little harder than any of the others so far, for no reason in particular! Just a little slow and I'm really trying to give it all I've got but my results aren't what I want. Which makes me feel kind of bad! Do you remember the story in Alma (chapter 27 or 28 i think) when Alma is talking about how he wishes he were better, but he feels guilty because of that wish? He talks about how we shouldn't want more than what God already gives us because we don't even deserve those blessings, but he then goes on to talk about how God will give us what we want if we are righteous. I feel like that right now, God has given me SO MUCH and yet I still want to improve more. I know that I can't do it on my own, and I know that God WANTS to help me! I just need to ask!
     Well I'll get off my soap-box now, I'm so happy here at the MTC! A little stressed at times, (ok who am I kidding, all the time) but just being here and doing the Lord's work is life changing. My Companion and I have 2 investigators at the moment, (our teachers) and they are progressing well. One of them is actually supposed to be "baptized" this saturday! I'm stoked, and it's weird because it's not even a real baptism! The other one is progressing but I'm having a hard time connecting with him, and giving him what he needs. Yesterday we had a great lesson on faith, and I was learning from it as I was teaching it! It's an interesting thing isn't it, faith? What in the world is the difference between having faith, and just believing something to be true? It's something I'm still pondering on but I know that there is a big difference! Dad, you and I have had discussions on topics related to this, and I'm really beginning to understand your view of it much better. Every one believes in something. Whether that's religious or not, every one has something that they believe to be true, and yet they can't see it. Dui ma? But when does that turn into faith? Faith, in my opinion, is something that penetrates much deeper. A belief, stays near our brains, and we continually ponder it. But faith, faith penetrates striaght through our hearts and into our very souls. Complete Faith is something that doesn't need pondering, because it is something that we know to be true! When Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ, he later said something along the lines of: "I had seen a vision. I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it." Now, I'm not saying we need to see visions in order to gain this type of thinking, but this is a statement that I've loved ever since I very first saw the Joseph Smith movie at Temple Square! God knows that WE KNOW we have received revelation! In Alma 26, Ammon and his brothers return from their missions and Ammon "boasts" of his God! Our God! He knows and loves each of us, and we cannot deny that.
     I love our Heavenly Father, I know He loves us. He watches over us daily and HE IS INTERESTED IN OUR LIVES! I'm so greatful to be here at the MTC and I know that God is helping me always. In the name of our beloved Savior, Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment