Taichung Time

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Week 3

How is everyone?? It's so hard to believe that it's only been three weeks since I last saw all of you! Three weeks since I last watched a movie, picked up a guitar, listened to music!! But the funny thing is, all that worldly stuff, I don't really miss it! The only thing that I miss from the "real world" is all of you! Receiving letters from you during the week is the highlight of each day! I love hearing all about what's going on back home, and how things are going! I love getting those handwritten notes from Alec and Macy too! They make me miss you even more! I hope everything is going well! 

I was so shocked when I heard about Haley, but after thinking about it, I know that she is in the best place possible. She is comfortable for the first time in years, and she must be so relieved to know that this disease isn't with her anymore! I'm praying for her family because this must be such a hard trial for them, but I'm happy inside knowing that Haley is at peace

Wow, the MTC is so incredible!! I can't even get over how awesome the MTC is! This week has flown by! It really hasn't been that exciting of a week! You might find it surprising, but I absolutely LOVE learning Chinese! It's seriously the highlight of my day! I have two different teachers, Mu Laoshi, and Wen Laoshi. I can't even decide which of the two I like more! They are both return missionaries from Taiwan, one from Taipei and one from Taizhong, and they've both come back within the year. They're absolutely hilarious, and they really push us hard! It's interesting because we have 2 "progressing investigators" and those investigators are our teachers! It's kind of hard to teach them sometimes, because we know that they are already members! But I've learned something that has really effected the way that I teach. No matter who it is we're teaching, no matter if they are members, missionaries or Lamanites, the Holy Ghost will testify of Christ. There have been times when I'm teaching and I forget that they aren't real investigators! I just get into the zone and start pouring my soul out to them! I'm really amazed that I'm actually able to even learn Chinese in the first place! 2 years in junior high, and I learned maybe 3 words! I'm now able to bear a real testimony, teach, pray, and use a little bit of everyday Chinese. And I'm starting to understand it a lot better when others are speaking! I never would have thought in a million years that I could learn Chinese, and I know that I can't! There is no way I could learn this language on my own. God has blessed me so much, I owe every thing that I have to Him who created us. He continually blesses me with feelings of comfort, He continually helps me to know that I can do this with Him, and I continually feel His love for Me and for the rest of His Children. If we are not giving every effort we have to praise Him then we need to start now! 

I was reading in Mosiah the other day, and I can't remember which chapter, but I think it's chapter 8. King Benjamin talks about how we don't even deserve to lick the ground that our Lord walks on, and yet, HE continues to bless us! I love this Church so very much, I love my Savior and I know that he knows me personally and loves me. I testify that if we testify of HIm, and if we serve Him with all our might, He will be on our side on Judgement day. He will vouch for us. How do we serve Him? We serve each other. As King Benjamin said: "When ye are in the service of your fellow men, ye are only in the service of your God." And as the Savior said: "Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." I know HE lives, I know He loves us, and I know that through service we can return to Him. 

I love you all so much and I think about you every day! I'm sorry this E-mail is short! I'm just not a very fast typer! I'll write some letters home today. I wrote to Steph and Auntie Sue last week so they should be getting those letters soon! I love you! Zaijian!
     Love, Luo Zhanglao
               Elder Noll
P.S. Jessi,
          Tell Josh that I'll be his senior companion if we're ever companions so he better get used to it! Tell him I'm so stoked for him, and that he's going to the best mission in the world! ;) Love ya bro!
        Macy,
           I love you mace! Keep on attending the Temple! It's the best place ever! I love your letters so much
        Alec,
           You are such a good kid Alec! I love you more than I could ever say in words! I love your letters more than you could ever know! Keep em coming!
Wo ai nimen!

No comments:

Post a Comment